2013年9月13日 星期五

send shivers down somebody's spine



Hi there, students. Have you ever heard the phrase 'something sends shivers down somebody's spine'? This sends shivers down my spine. Well it has two similar but two different meanings. It either means you are really really frightened, you are terrified. The horror films send shivers down my spine. Or you are really excited, she touched me and it was really exciting, it sent shivers down my spine, so I was really excited. So let's look at this word, this phrase a bit.  To send, you all know. Shivers, to shiver is when you shake, when you either very cold , you tremble, or when you very excited, you could shiver as well. Ok, so the scene was so frightening, it sent shivers down my spine, my spine, is the bone that goes from my neck to my (tailsis?). It's the central bone that goes up and down you use to bent, your spine, yeah. Ok, so it sent shivers down my spine, I was terrified, it sent shivers down my spine, I was really excited. I won the lottery, it sent shivers up and down my spine, if you like, yeah. Notice, it can up as well it is down. The night was dark, the bats were flying past. I was really frightened, it sent shivers up and down or up my spine or down my spine. So there you go, something sends shivers up or down somebody's spine, meaning either to be really frightened, to be very very afraid, or to be very excited. Ok, so anyway, if this video sent shivers up and down your spine because it is so good, and left you in a state of excitment, give it a rating; subscribe to my channel and I will see you soon. Bye for now.

各位!你們有沒有聽過'something sends shivers down somebody's spine'這個短語?這個東西sends shivers down my spine, 它有兩個看似相近卻有不同的意思。它的意思或者是某人非常非常恐­懼,受了驚嚇,這個恐怖電影sent shivers down my spine,令我毛骨悚然;或者是該人非常興奮,她摸了一下我,­這令我很興奮,sent shivers down my spine, 令我興奮莫名。我們繼續學學這個短語。你已經明白send的意思­。shivers, 意思是當你戰抖時,你會shake, shiver。也許你很冷,你冷得發抖;也許你非常興奮,你會s­hiver。這個情景非常恐怖,令我毛骨悚然。spine, 脊柱是指從頸部一直到(尾骨?)的一條中央骨干,上下支撐人體令­到人體可以彎曲。所以,it sent shivers down my spine, 我被嚇著了;it sent shivers down my spine, 我感到十分興奮。我中了彩票,我顫栗不已。注意,這裡可以使用u­p或者down。天開始黑了,蝙蝠飛過,令到我毛骨悚然。好了,­to send shivers up or down somebody's spine, 或者是嚇壞了、嚇著了的意思,或者是非常興奮的意思。如果這個錄­像非常好,sent shivers up and down your spine, 令你感到興奮,那麼,留下一個‘喜歡’評級;訂閱我的頻道, 我將很快和你又見面。

沒有留言:

張貼留言