2013年3月27日 星期三

take aback





To take aback, very often passive, to be taken aback, ok, to surprse, to astonish, ok, to astound. I was taken aback by how expensive things were in London, ok, I was surprised, I was staggered by it. Yeah. So to take aback or to be taken aback can also means to be, perhaps disconcerted, yeah. So I had to stand up and make a speech in front of these people. And when I looked all these people who were looking back at me, I thought a bit taken aback , a bit surprised, ok, I was a bit taken  aback, yeah. So to take aback, to surprise, to stound, to astonish, to be (willer?), to disconcert, maybe to flabbergast, ok. So yes, I rang my home and I was taken aback to discover an unknown person answering my phone. I was taken aback and then realize that I dialed the wrong number. Ok, to take aback, to be taken aback. So anyway if you enjoy this video, give it a rating; subscribe to my channel and I will see you soon. Bye for now.

to take aback, 通常用被動式,即be taken aback,是驚訝、吃驚、震驚的意思。我對倫敦物價之高感到震­驚。我很驚訝,對此大吃一驚。to take aback,或者be taken aback也表示不安的意思。我必須站立演講。當我看著面前的這­些人時,他們也在看著我,我感到taken aback, 驚恐不安。我有be taken aback的感覺。我給家裡打電話,很驚訝地聽到一個陌生人在接­聽電話,我taken aback, 後來才意識到我打錯了電話。好了,如果你喜歡這個錄像,留下一個­“喜歡”的評級;訂閱我的頻道,我將很快和你又見面。

沒有留言:

張貼留言